The largest directory of industry conferences and vendor-supplied white papers, webinars and videos.
Click a below category to sort the content.
- Learn more about how having mitigation tools in place can lessen the blow of catastrophic claims.
- Achieve Unparalleled Insurance Success with Data & Technology.
The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania’s Recent Analysis of the Traveling Employee Doctrine and Workers’ Compensation LiabilityThe Supreme Court of Pennsylvania reviewed employer liability for a disabling injury sustained while an employee was traveling for employer-sponsored social event.
- Engle Martin & Associates’ forward-thinking recruitment and training program provides team members a successful career path while attracting a constant pipeline of talent for its own succession planning.
- Munich Re Specialty Insurance’s (MRSI) Megan Kelley takes on a new E&S Casualty leadership role in a market where capacity and a refreshed underwriting approach are needed.
- A rapid change in the analytical needs of insurers spurred the development of an actuary-focused solution from Willis Towers Watson.
- Learn about a new alternative to meet collateral obligations while preserving corporate balance sheets and liquidity.
- Read to find out about the impact of “The Great Resignation” and how to address this crisis head on.
- At EK Health, we have partnered our strength in clinical excellence with our superior technology in utilization and peer review, resulting in a highly refined process where clinical excellence is key.
Should Immigration Status be Considered When Evaluating a Florida Workers’ Compensation Claim for Potential Permanent Total Disability?Chartwell Law has published a new white paper on the role of immigration status when evaluating a Florida resident’s WC claim.
- Conner Strong & Buckelew discusses important mitigation efforts organizations looking to secure cybersecurity coverage must take.
- In a challenging medical professional liability market, many insureds may be eyeing a carrier change. Ownership structure should be a deciding factor.
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies discusses how they work together with their insureds to afford comprehensive coverage solutions via their environmental product offerings.
- Unraveling the Mystery of Post COVID-19 Syndrome (PCS).
- Read to learn more about Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and how organizations can leverage it to better identify, understand and mitigate risk.
- Willis Towers Watson discusses how automation allows actuaries to focus on analyzing data in greater detail and making critical decisions.
- To find out more about how relying on a network capable of executing home modifications is crucial in determining which modifications are necessary, read our latest whitepaper.
- Find out how co-morbidities impact your claim!
- With increasing numbers of older Americans joining the workforce to fill a void left by the pandemic, employers must be able to offer a high-quality and affordable health care service program to their employees.
- With legal actions against real estate firms for failing to protect residents from violent crimes increasing in cost and frequency, property owners and landlords need to have a robust security plan in place to ensure tenant safety.
- How have middle market companies managed in the current difficult environment? What keeps them up at night — and do they have risk management plans in place to address these concerns?
- BHSI shares tips for sidestepping pitfalls and effectively evaluating natural catastrophe parametric solutions.
- EK Health on reducing payer-provider friction through provider advocacy.
- ODG by MCG and Conexia discuss how providers and payers can improve patient outcomes while substantially reduce costs around prior authorization with new software called “Highway.”
- An injured worker’s initial experience with the WC process can be daunting, but an advocacy-based approach can ease concerns and create a healthier, more productive outcome for both worker and employer.
- Using a single vendor for both PBM and settlement solutions services has major advantages for workers’ compensation programs.
Positioning Injured Workers for Long-Term Success and High Quality of Life: The Story of Billy P. AmputeeAfter the catastrophic loss of his arms, former welder Billy P. has found an inspiring way forward, thanks in part to the workers’ compensation team behind him.
- This training webinar is intended for healthcare providers, claims personnel, and workers’ compensation stakeholders in the State of Arizona. Arizona has adopted ODG’s guidelines and formulary.
- Interest is growing in special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs. But these unique entities require a thoughtful and comprehensive approach to D&O coverage.
- To find out more about how reliable transportation can move injured workers toward better outcomes, read Apricus’ latest whitepaper.
- Examining Organizational Resiliency, COVID-19 Impact on Claims Operations.
- To find out more about the positive impacts of a successful discharge planning program, register for this webinar.
- Risk managers can bring down claim frequency and severity by focusing on what they can control — driver behavior.
- With a rising loss trend and hardening market, risk managers seeking solutions for higher-hazard exposures have the deck stacked against them. They need liability insurers with specialized expertise and a comprehensive view of risk.
- Cyber events are no longer just about data encryption; medical facilities must be aware of the interconnected risks at play that could leave them open to larger liability claims.
Are You Adequately Prepared to Face a Product Recall? What Risk Managers Need to Know Before a CrisisKnowing the key risks and trends behind such events is invaluable for the savvy risk professional aiming to protect their business and their balance sheet.
- CICA’s 2021 Fall Forum on October 10-13, 2021, brings together the best captive professionals from around the world to discuss industry practices and engage new talent.
- This white paper explores the top 10 auto-related injuries ranked by cost and treatment duration & data on the percentages of 1-day patients who start treatment in the emergency room.
- Read our latest white paper to learn about evolution of WC networks, benefits and values these changes can offer.
3 Trends Threatening Post-COVID Economic Growth and Why Having the Right Insurance Partner Is CriticalGlobal political and economic shifts present new risks. The right mix of insurance products can provide stability in the face of uncertainty.
- QBE is pleased to offer our inaugural QBE Accident & Health Market Report. This report highlights key industry trends and product details presenting insights that employers can consider when evaluating their self-funded healthcare plans.
As Leisure Travel Returns, There’s a New Focus on Travel Insurance and the Vital Protections It Can ProvideBHTP’s Dean Sivley details the current travel trends and how travel insurance will adapt.
- EK Health’s Chief Medical Officer shares what he found on his education journey to better understand medical cannabis in the workers’ comp space.
- Cyber risks are about more than private data; they imperil core operational functions and strategic objectives. If cyber security doesn’t already have the attention of the board, it’s time to change that.
COVID-19 Disrupted Modified Duty Options, but a Strong Return-to-Work Program Keeps Injured Workers EngagedWith many non-essential roles eliminated or put on pause during the pandemic, employers and their workers’ comp partners had to get creative with transitional work.
- Do you have a managed care strategy that works for you? To learn more, bring your favorite cocktail and join us for a virtual happy hour and interactive discussion with Ken Ferrell & Zebrah Jahnke.
- Genex explores why cultural humility is a critical solution to understanding health-related beliefs and behaviors to improve injured employee health and return to work rates.
- Today’s leaders struggle to derive actionable insights from their data. What they need is a claims partner with analytical expertise that will take the time to review findings, compare results, benchmark trends and make recommendations.
- Claimant advocacy — regardless of fault — can minimize the feelings of anger and distrust that drive injured parties to litigation after a crash.
- A guide for employers and carriers looking to help employees address mental health challenges and return safely to work.
- SCCE’s Compliance & Ethics Institute on September 19-22, 2021 is the primary educational and networking event for compliance and ethics professionals worldwide.
- The emergence of so-called long COVID has surprised both the patients who couldn’t shake their symptoms and the clinicians who have struggled to provide effective treatments.
- This white paper focuses specifically on current musculoskeletal telehealth applications research, providing suggested evidence-based recommendations on specific clinical care conditions.
- Mid- and large-sized businesses have different needs that may or may not be addressed by the standard cyber coverage packages readily available on the market.
- Litigated claims could impact reputation and market share in ways no policy can cover. Here’s how proactive risk mitigation reduces the expense.
- Are your eyes irritated? Do your shoulders or back feel tight? Are you thinking about the next meeting on your overbooked calendar? If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, relax, we can help.
- ODG by MCG explores comorbidities identified (thus far) for increased risk in COVID-19 cases, impacts on return-to-work for post-COVID-19 infection, and current prognostic/mortality risk tools.
- Plan to join 950+ program business professionals at the 21st Annual TMPAA Summit, October 18-20.
- The Optum physical medicine platform is geared up to work in tandem with pharmacy benefit management to help injured workers control and overcome pain and get back to their lives.
- The 2021 National Comp Conference will be held Oct. 20-22 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Registration is now open.
- ITC Vegas is the world’s largest insurtech event – offering unparalleled access to the most comprehensive and global gathering of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and insurance industry incumbents.
- While an end to the COVID-19 pandemic may be in sight, it won’t be back to business as usual. The transition will come with its own set of business opportunities as well as financial and operational risks.
- Join captive experts and friends August 10 – 12, 2021 for a unique online experience! VCIA Virtual 2021 will have top level education, new and effective ways to collaborate and Solution Labs to showcase all the latest industry innovations.
- The Future of Insurance USA 2021 is back! C-Suite leaders from across insurance join forces to become more agile, more customer-centric, and digitally-transformed.
- 2021 conference will explore how risk managers and Fortune 500 corporations alike have adapted to the demands the pandemic has placed on them, as well as the fast-evolving landscape of a world changed by COVID-19.
- Insureds facing a ransom should know ahead of time that they are covered. Here’s what they should be on the lookout for and the steps that will help mitigate the risk.
- Though medical bill review can be seen as complex, workers’ compensation can benefit by understanding the nuances behind it.
How Connected Devices Are Changing the Future of Risk — and What that Means for an Insured’s Claims Mitigation ProcessConnected devices are upping the risk mitigation game. For insureds who partner with the right experts, that means a more proactive and faster response to a potential claim.
- Losses from social engineering fraud reached $1.7 billion in 2019, but many of these incidents aren’t covered by traditional policies.
- The right bill review solution is not only critical to control costs and deliver the best outcomes, but it calls for a combination of advanced technology as well as both clinical and legislative expertise.
One Call Is Emerging from the Pandemic a Changed Company. Here Are 3 Ways It’s Revamping the BusinessFor all its challenges, the pandemic also brought opportunities to cater to changing needs and focus on innovation.
- Payers and providers are looking to improve workers’ comp delivery of care. That starts by bringing transparency to claims and placing behavioral health first.
- When traditional means of crop insurance weren’t cutting it for the American farmer, experts from NAU Country Insurance Company knew it was time for a deeper look at the coverages it could offer.
- The risk of accidental needlestick seems set to rise, but telemedicine can expedite care for bloodborne pathogen exposure claims.
- Our court systems are facing a backlog of civil cases due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements. Here’s how the courtrooms are adjusting to keep cases moving.
- Over the years, the opportunity for adjusters to have more impact has changed, bringing with it a more strategic and dynamic approach to claims and promoting better outcomes across the board.
- How much could your workers’ compensation claims benefit if you could identify and address a single health factor that touches approximately half of the entire U.S. workforce?
- Join risk leaders and innovators at The Institutes’ event, The Future of Risk™, to learn how disruptive technologies will change the way we work and the risks we insure.
- In an increasingly volatile world, mid-sized manufacturers need to be more cognizant than ever of their risks. Predicting, preparing and protecting against emerging risks can make the difference in a company’s ability to be successful and resilient over the long term.
- Though contractors will head into the new year with a good deal of uncertainty, there are steps they can take to position themselves for a solid rebound.
- Efficient coordination of ancillary services is critical to promote a speedy recovery for injured workers and control costs. Here’s how the best get it done.
- The workers’ compensation experience can be frustrating. It can quickly spiral when you add the emotional pressure of COVID-19. We can help with patient advocacy that nurtures mental health.
- One Call experts, Zack Craft, Michelle Despres, Kevin Glennon and Hayley Tidwell, will discuss timely topics such as wearable technology, benefits of acupuncture with physical therapy, ethics and more.
These Catastrophic Workers’ Comp Cases Reinforce the Need for an Evolved Workers’ Compensation 2.0 ApproachCarisk Partners shares the success of its patient-centered program as it addresses behavioral health issues impacting return to work, function and recovery.
- Elevate 2021: Exploring the future of auto claims. Discover the trends and technologies that are driving change in auto claims and shaping the future of the industry.
- This 60-minute webinar focuses on how to use the ODG by MCG guidelines and formulary (adopted by the state of Texas) to review and identify proper, evidence-based medical care for injured workers.
- Life is forever changed for the millions of Americans who have lost a limb due to disease or injury. While incredibly traumatic, amputees can regain some, if not all, function through prosthetics.
- Whether you’re working from home or in the office, an ergonomic workspace is key to avoid injury. Discover common ergonomic risk factors and how they are associated with cumulative trauma disorders.
- With the help of occupational health experts, employers can leverage preventive exercise programs and first aid for injury care.
- Best Practices for MSA Non-Submission Programs in WC.
- The various players orbiting an injured worker in treatment must act in concert to establish the most solid foothold that could lead to a successful outcome.
- A “wish list” of enhancements to improve the MSA process.
- Although claims professionals rank nurse case management as the top clinical program most critical to outcomes, questions still persist about when and how to use this tool.
- Join us for a unique roundtable discussion about the intricate steps of the PT claim process from various stakeholder viewpoints – provider, physician, payer and care coordinator.
- Explore the advantages of telehealth for case management.
- Risks abound for every industry, but schools servicing students K-12 must be certain to review these exposures now that the novel coronavirus has disrupted learning across the country.
- Incorrect property valuations present long-term risks to insureds and insurers alike. Here’s why it’s so important to get them right.
When It Comes to Creating Effective Partnerships with Your TPA, These Are the Top Qualities to Keep in MindSuccessful partnership starts with a team that is open to communication, understands the client partner’s goals and understands the value data and analytics have in creating solutions.
- For companies interested in finding alternative risk solutions, the alternative markets has plenty to offer. Here’s what you should review before diving in.
- While the difficulties of the U.S. commercial D&O market have been making headlines regularly, the financial lines market in the UK and Europe has been quietly facing its own constraints.
- Injured workers, case managers, payers and providers all have a better experience and better outcomes when laborious manual tasks are automated.
- As risks in the construction industry continue to expand, the need to have a long-lasting, resilient plan in place has become even more crucial.
- Dental care may not be top-of-mind following a workplace injury, but if not proactively managed, a secondary dental claim could arise and result in extensive treatment following the initial claim.
- The best way to mitigate the risks of opioids is to avoid them altogether. Here’s how one company is using data and clinical expertise to reduce reliance on this powerful painkiller.
- At its most fundamental level, WC managed care is a patient being supported and assisted by a clinical expert and a claims management expert. Though the world of WC is far more complex – its core is people helping people through a challenging time.
- Especially for jobs with high physical and mental demands, a medical surveillance program is a critical tool in keeping the hardest working employees healthy.
- An informed decision is the best decision.
- Schools have always contended with the risk of students experiencing traumatic injuries and abuse, but legal and societal trends may be increasing exposure.
- With the help of collaborative carrier partners, Program Administrators are perfectly positioned to help clients address challenging risks.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on the American healthcare system, causing disruptions and driving rapid adaptations to care delivery.
- Genex experts share important insights based on clinical best practices and real-life case strategies to help you move claims forward in the face of COVID-19 restrictions, challenges, and possible exposure.
- Download this insight paper to learn more about the key factors that make up the internal workings of the DME process.
As Frequency and Severity of Pollution Claims Rise, Environmental Insurance Is Finding the Tools to Move ForwardPollution claims are growing in severity and frequency, but at PHLY Insurance, the underwriting team is working hard to get clients what they need.
- Adapting to new demands, meeting client expectations, and thinking ahead to the next challenge are all necessary to thrive in a period of disruption.
- Directors & officers were already gearing up for a hardening market when the coronavirus pandemic came into play; here’s how they are balancing insureds’ needs with the growing challenges of the time.
- Mid-sized companies are feeling the pressure of COVID-19 and must adapt and reset in response to this challenging period and uncertain outlook.
Productivity Anywhere: How Modern Claim and Policy Document Processing Can Help Work-From-Home SucceedExperts discuss how COVID-19 has made remote work more common. Take a look at the impact this new reality has had on the process, cycle times and culture of the industry.
- Four Components of Successful Return to Work Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Are you getting the greatest value from your independent medical examinations (IMEs)? When faced with uncertainty about specific determinations on a case, an IME can be requested to help determine the next step in the claims, medical management, or RTW process.
- After years of low pricing D&O premiums are increasing. Could wholesale distribution be the solution?
- As video monitoring technology grows in sophistication, contractors and owners can devote these essential resources toward strong, safe and successful construction projects.
- Helmsman Management Services quickly jumped into action so its teams could continue providing care to injured workers without missing a beat.
- COVID-19 had a significant impact on the use of telerehab services. This white paper examines patient outcomes and provides statistical analysis comparing utilization and clinical savings for common injury types.
- Small businesses are a challenging segment to underwrite. Here’s how publicly available data can help.
On-Demand Webinar: COVID-19 and Claims Management – 5 Things You Need to Know to Successfully Manage Claims Right NowNorthwell Health’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic is a lesson to any organization on how to keep claims moving even during a crisis.
- Since the inception of the Medicare program and Medicare Secondary Payer Act, the world of Medicare Set-Asides has been like the Wild West. We’re here to help you tame it.
- The right insurer will be working with clients to create bespoke cost-saving solutions while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Catastrophic case management is a complex endeavor, complicated by injury severity, expedited treatment, and the fear accompanying critical injuries. EK Health’s catastrophic care alleviates the uncertainty while clinically addressing recovery.
- ODG has made available to the public a new evidence-based occupational health guideline to address the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic.
On-Demand Webinar: How to Stop Creeping Delayed Recovery Claims from Turning into Catastrophic ClaimsFor years in workers’ compensation, the behavioral health aspects of a claim were treated as an afterthought or ignored even as seemingly straightforward claims turned catastrophic.
- Join One Call and its partners in a candid conversation about the accelerated use of telehealth.
Incorporating Predictive Analytics and a Biopsychosocial Approach to Identify and Treat At-Risk Injured WorkersWe all strive for the same thing – getting injured workers the best care, at the best cost.
How CorVel and ReedGroup’s Integrated Disability Management Program Is Changing the Absence Management GameIn order to help their clients succeed in disability management, CorVel and ReedGroup partnered to create an Integrated Disability Management program that gets results.
- Historically ignored in workers’ comp, psychosocial factors take center stage in this behavioral health company’s approach to treatment and recovery.
- Comparing views of frontline claims staff with claims executives, the 2019 Report identifies opportunities to improve operational performance, confront talent crisis.
- Frequent mergers create a confusing experience for workers’ comp carriers and claimants. By rolling all of its services into a single platform, Optum is proving the IT investment can pay off.
- With general liability losses mounting, risk managers need an insurance partner that stays on top of the trends and knows how to respond.
- If you employ “industrial athletes,” having the right occupational health care professional on hand goes a long way in preventing injury and keeping employees safe.
- As challenges intensify for the agricultural sector, crop insurance can be more than a financial safety net. The right insurer can help farmers get back on their feet faster.
- COVID-19 has taught the industry that having a crisis claims management and business continuity strategy in place paves the way for success.
- Early adopters of advocacy-based workers’ compensation models have been shown to positively impact programs and influence employee satisfaction and engagement.
- As connected devices flood households around the globe, consumers demand protection plans that adapt to their risk. One insurer is using data to create a more dynamic solution.
- Proprietary insurance carrier platforms offer a clear advantage for commercial agents and underwriters.
- When an insured reports a claim late, it might be too late to reverse pending legal action. Timely claims reporting, therefore, is a must.
- One Call is investing in resources to enhance its customer experience, which is leading to improved outcomes across its organization for injured workers.
- Exploring anticipating active shooter incidents and important considerations when building a comprehensive workplace emergency action plan.
Chasing Pain Complaints Doesn’t Work: Why Function Belongs at the Center of Workers’ Compensation CareThe practice of rating pain has created a host of problems in workers’ compensation. Bringing focus back to functional restoration has benefits for all.
- Adjusters help to deliver value, but the job is a tough one. Here’s how one company is keeping their talent on board.
- For organizations focused on performing a public good, this optional coverage is becoming more critical as a way to reduce liability and protect reputation.
- Having a patient be active in their recovery after a work injury engages them in the process and bolsters workers’ compensation results.
- Removing uncertainty around accident liability and insurance can help reinforce the trusting relationships necessary for TNCs and other platforms to keep growing.
- Health care providers and their insurers are being tested by an unprecedented frequency of severe liability claims, but working together can strengthen any partnership.
- The EPA has phased out the R-22 and here are the phaseout details you need to know.
- IntegerHealth is a technology company that combines advanced analytics with medical expertise to quantify healthcare outcomes for health plans and workers’ compensation programs with the goal of driving down costs while improving care.
- Learn the differences between the oft-confused homeowners insurance and home warranty coverage.
- Models can identify potential severity early in the life of a claim, ensuring appropriate assignment, collaboration with managed care, and execution of key claim management activities.
- Learn six tips for winter weather driving to keep you and your employees safe.
- Most discussions about the state of U.S. health care quickly lead to a simple but grim diagnosis: The system is broken. But it’s not all bad news. Unpacking the state of health care reveals that not every aspect of the system is dysfunctional. In fact, some parts have never been better.
- We’re excited to have you join us in Orlando for the 2020 Conference – June 22 through June 24, 2020, Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate.
- Insurers competing in the workers’ compensation space for small business recognize the opportunity, but often find it difficult to adapt traditional underwriting approaches to a volume-based business with lower premiums.
- For 25 years, professionals have relied on ErgoExpo to learn how to build an effective ergonomics program or maximize an existing one, on any budget, in any industry.
- Learn how cyber liability is fast becoming the last frontier of the insurance world. The question now before us is whether insurance and risk mitigation will advance quickly enough to stem the tide.
- Naloxone is considered to be one of several essential tools for the prevention of opioid overdose deaths.
- Fill this form to submit new white papers, webinars, conference/event or video.