The largest directory of industry conferences and vendor-supplied white papers, webinars and videos.
Click a below category to sort the content.
- Comfort™ is the nation’s first health plan that provides 100% coverage on most common healthcare services. Join the webinar on 9/28 at 12 pm CT to learn more.
- Here’s why it’s critical to partner with an organization where the clinicians are trained in occupational health.
- In an age of infinite information where a company’s reputation can be destroyed in as little as 140 characters, it may seem difficult to recover from crises, but it’s possible. Come out on top!
- Using focus group research, the 2021 Report examines operational transformation amongst high-performing claims organizations as they overcome deeply entrenched industry challenges and outpace their peers.
- Only 56% of organizations have a Business Continuity plan. Surprising? Explore actionable insights into crisis management plans and data breach response in in Experian’s Data Breach Preparedness Study.
How Data, Focused PT and Wearables Can Yield Better Patient Engagement and Superior Outcomes in Workers’ CompMedRisk’s team of experts is leading the way to methods of stronger, faster recovery while avoiding the expense and trauma of surgeries and addictive painkillers.
- Comprehensive, collaborative, and consistently communicated care are key to a workers’ compensation risk management approach.
- In the current climate of rising costs workers’ compensation managed care remains an area where companies can realize savings in order to impact the overall bottom line.
Accident and Health Insurance: What Schools, Colleges and Universities Looking to Bolster Their Coverage Need to KnowAccident and health insurance can provide the additional coverage schools and other education institutions need for their students both on the athletic field and in the classroom.
- Inland marine is a fast-paced, always-growing business. BHSI demonstrates the flexibility, simplicity and prime customer service qualities required for smooth operations.
- Using data to ensure that ancillary benefit programs result in optimal recovery for injured workers comes down to having a clear dashboard of meaningful metrics.
- Each year the Mitchell Pharmacy Solutions Drug Trends Series analyzes the state of pharmacy trends in workers’ comp. In part four of our series, we’re evaluating high impact drug classes.
- 6 tips to protect your business from ransomware (hint: cyber criminals hope you skip them). Don’t panic, there are simple steps you can take right now to mitigate threats.
Why a Mix of In-person Therapy, Virtual Coaching and Self Care Are Key to Helping Workers Recover from Musculoskeletal InjuriesNew digital tools build on Bardavon’s existing clinical capabilities to promote a whole-person approach to physical therapy care.
- Why Workplace Culture & The Human Factor Matter
Speed, Precision and Consistency: Implementing the Best Tools So Your Brokering Team Can Place Even the Toughest of RisksNationwide’s E&S Brokerage team is leaning in on technical investments in order to give wholesale brokers the quick, accurate responses they need to place tough risks.
- AmTrust Specialty Program provides a full suite of coverage, claims and loss control services for hard-to-insure and niche risks that can be tailored to your requirements.
- Following the recent announcement of Sandy Bigglestone’s transition into the Deputy Commissioner’s role, the State’s Captive Insurance Division shares some of the secrets behind its 40-plus-year history of stability and its loyal and longstanding team.
Severe Weather Events Are Increasing and Real Estate and Construction Can Help Safeguard Against Future RisksReflecting on the impact of severe weather on property maintenance costs can be overwhelming. But tapping into natural defenses is essential to managing climate risks in the future.
- As the need for treatment that empowers and engages patients with musculoskeletal injuries grows, episodic care offers improved outcomes and reduced total cost of care.
- When litigation becomes a part of the nurse case management dynamic, timely and effective communication between the case manager and injured worker’s attorney, both advocates, can’t be undervalued.
- Experts from ODG and Sapiens will discuss how to expedite claim decisions, improve the coordination of care for injured workers, and optimize return-to-work probability.
- Each year the Mitchell Pharmacy Solutions Drug Trends Series analyzes the state of pharmacy trends in workers’ comp. In part three of our series, we’re evaluating the opioid therapeutic class.
- What are social determinants of health, and how do they intersect with workplace injury and recovery?
- Empathetic and understanding case management practices are important, especially with workplace violence incidents. Knowing the common and uncommon signs of stress allow for more effective outcomes.
- Vermont’s world-class regulatory team knows the ins and outs of the examination process and has been successfully orchestrating them for over 40 years.
- Leveraging the strengths of a tenured claims handling and care management team, coupled with research-backed insights can lead to better quality of care for an organization’s most valuable assets.
For Injured Workers Receiving Physical Therapy, Keeping Up a Steady Pace Toward Recovery Depends on Who Oversees Their ReferralInjured workers whose journey to recovery is guided with the care of a clinical oversight team have the best shot at timely recoveries.
- Rising rates, restricted capacity, greater underwriting scrutiny and a push for better data quality — not to mention increasing regulatory compliance — are making cyber a harder risk than ever to tackle.
- With stress and mental health at the forefront of the industry’s focus, now is the time to manage it strategically, and learn from other leading organizations that are finding success.
- In this webinar, viewers will learn how specific data-driven solutions can help case managers effectively manage and resolve absence and disability claims to return injured employees to health.
- For 2022, National Ergonomics Conference & ErgoExpo will be held Nov. 8-10 at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. Registration is now open.
- Download myMatrixx’s new white paper to discover key segment markets that demystify drug pricing and learn how to control claim costs.
- The 2022 National Comp Conference will be held Oct. 19-21 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Registration is now open.
- These four risk trends are contributing to a challenging EPLI and fiduciary insurance market.
- The war in Europe, inflationary pressures, and the ongoing fallout from a global pandemic are all contributing to supply chain disruption. Insureds need a risk management partner who can meet their needs as a consultant.
- There are several areas to review before picking the right crime and fidelity policy, from growing risk trends to the language provided in the form.
- The Hartford’s onsite and virtual injury prevention programs are created to match an employer’s unique needs.
- Innovative tools are helping farmers manage the unpredictability of both extreme and routine weather events.
- Helping physical therapists overcome workers’ comp data hurdles opens the way to quality care for injured workers.
- Telemedicine use has changed with the onset of the pandemic, but centuries of healthcare has given lesson in how to approach the practice moving forward.
- An integrated model of risk management built on integrity equates to success for all.
Treating an Injured Person and Not a Claim: Why Injured-Person Centered Care Is Essential for Driving Better Outcomes in Workers’ CompInjured-person, centered care can lead to better recovery outcomes while saving claims costs.
- Each year the Mitchell Pharmacy Solutions Drug Trends Series analyzes the state of pharmacy trends in workers’ comp. In part two of our series, we evaluated combined in- and out-of-network channels.
- Join 1000 Program Professionals in Scottsale for 3 Days of Networking, Programming, and Educational Breakout Sessions. The Best in Programs Meet Here!
- TxCIA’s 2022 Annual Conference will be held October 12-13 at the St. Anthony in San Antonio, Texas.
- ITC Vegas is the world’s largest insurtech event – offering unparalleled access to the most comprehensive and global gathering of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and insurance industry incumbents.
- Bermuda’s largest and longest-running industry event is returning to the live stage on September 12–14, 2022 at the Hamilton Princess in Bermuda.
- We’re united in drastically improving our member’s experience and providing understanding on how to use their health benefits. Learn what makes Gravie’s user experience different from other companies.
- The workforce is transforming before our eyes, creating a cascade of ripple effects that bear considerations for the labor cool and workers’ compensation populations.
The State of Cyber Insurance: Understanding This Transitional Market and Finding Ways to Make Your Company InsurableCyber exposures are becoming increasingly harder to insure, but companies can rest easy partnering with a carrier that will help make them a favorable risk to underwrite.
Bringing Care to the Employer’s Doorstep: How the Pandemic Changed the Game for Mobile and On-site Health CareConcentra is filling an increasingly important need in the market by providing expanded mobile and on-site health care support to employers large and small.
- Strong provider relationships and proactive issue resolution are the key to appeals mitigation.
- Text messaging, online scheduling and automated reporting help reduce delays in workers’ comp claim flows.
- Inflation, labor shortages and supply chain issues are among the high-level market drivers impacting the 2022 renewal cycle.
- Each year the Mitchell Pharmacy Solutions Drug Trends Series analysis the state of pharmacy trends in workers’ comp. In part one of our series, we evaluate retail and mail order prescriptions.
- URMIA members and friends gather in Indy, Sept. 10-14 to talk all things higher ed risk management & insurance. In-Person and Virtual registration and more at www.urmia.org/ac2022.
- After 40+ years offering only traditional health benefits, this family business wasn’t confident they could handle another big increase in the cost of their small group fully insured plan.
- As marijuana continues to enter the mainstream, what do current data tell us about marijuana’s impact on workplace safety?
- A progressive take on the role of physical therapists offers a caring and efficient means to identify psychosocial issues and focus the right resources at the right time.
- Injured workers, employers, payers and providers all have a stake in a workers’ comp claim. But if they don’t communicate clearly, less favorable outcomes may ensue.
Water Damage Claims Continue to Drive Non-CAT Property Losses. How Water Damage Prevention Programs Can HelpWater damage prevention programs that utilize Internet of Things technology can help mitigate losses from non-catastrophic water damage.
- When it comes to managing property’s biggest risks like natural catastrophes, having a risk consultant team in your back pocket will go a long way.
- Risks and opportunities abound in the financial lines insurance space as threats grow more complex. While rate increases in some lines have slowed, brokers and insurers are keeping a watch on claims trends as courts reopen following the pandemic.
- Strategies for a safer, healthier workface amid COVID-19 and beyond.
- Save the date for August 8 – 11, 2022! VCIA’s 37th Annual Conference will be held in-person in Burlington, Vermont!
- Save the Date! Join us in-person June 29-30, 2022, at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach.
- Improving Worksite Productivity and Employee Engagement Through Stay at Work and Return to Work Programs.
- How Gravie offers more value for employers’ investment.
- The risks we tackle and people we protect have undergone a seismic shift – and there is no going back.
- NCCI’s Annual Issues Symposium (AIS) 2022, The Insights You Trust offers unparalleled access to workers compensation expertise. This highly anticipated event will deliver key insights to stakeholders.
Addressing Physical & Emotional Injury: A Case Study Supporting the Evidence-Based Approach to Wound ManagementThis injured worker recovery story sheds light on the benefits of having a specialized wound care program designed by a dedicated and knowledgeable team.
- Join 800 Program Professionals in Boston for 3 Days of Networking, Programming, and Educational Breakout Sessions.
- With an ever-aging population and labor gap, the home health care market is fraught with challenge, but utilizing the right people and technology will give way to opportunity.
- Partnering with a carrier that embraces disruption rather than clings to the status quo will give brokers and agents the edge in their ability to deliver valuable insurance solutions to clients.
- When executed effectively, workers’ compensation health care value strategies assure that the referral process is smooth and outcomes are optimal. This makes it a win-win for workers, their employers and claim adjusters.
Understanding Becomes Healing: A Deep Dive Into the Growing Impact Mental Health Has on Workers’ Comp ClaimsWhen asked about trends they have noted in workers’ comp claims, nurse case managers agreed mental health was the clear leader. But what’s placing it in the spotlight?
- To learn more about the nine specialty network services you should know more about, read our e-book.
- Multiple laws provide a framework for the regulation of marijuana in New Jersey. Recent cases have shed light on the risks and uncertainty employers face over marijuana in the workplace.
- Risk manager Rosa Royo shares a unique partnership with Genex case managers Eilin de Cardenas and Sandra Bernardo that led to a tremendous recovery rate of officers with COVID returning to duty.
- To help you prepare for 2022 and navigate what’s next, here are Enlyte’s top 2022 predictions.
- Learn more about how having mitigation tools in place can lessen the blow of catastrophic claims.
- To help navigate what’s next and understand this year’s top trends, we’ve outlined our top 2022 workers’ compensation predictions.
- Achieve Unparalleled Insurance Success with Data & Technology.
The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania’s Recent Analysis of the Traveling Employee Doctrine and Workers’ Compensation LiabilityThe Supreme Court of Pennsylvania reviewed employer liability for a disabling injury sustained while an employee was traveling for employer-sponsored social event.
- Engle Martin’s forward-thinking recruitment and training program provides team members a successful career path while attracting a constant pipeline of talent for its own succession planning.
- Munich Re Specialty Insurance’s (MRSI) Megan Kelley takes on a new E&S Casualty leadership role in a market where capacity and a refreshed underwriting approach are needed.
- Read to find out about the impact of “The Great Resignation” and how to address this crisis head on.
- At EK Health, we have partnered our strength in clinical excellence with our superior technology in utilization and peer review, resulting in a highly refined process where clinical excellence is key.
Should Immigration Status be Considered When Evaluating a Florida Workers’ Compensation Claim for Potential Permanent Total Disability?Chartwell Law has published a new white paper on the role of immigration status when evaluating a Florida resident’s WC claim.
- Conner Strong & Buckelew discusses important mitigation efforts organizations looking to secure cybersecurity coverage must take.
- In a challenging medical professional liability market, many insureds may be eyeing a carrier change. Ownership structure should be a deciding factor.
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies discusses how they work together with their insureds to afford comprehensive coverage solutions via their environmental product offerings.
- Unraveling the Mystery of Post COVID-19 Syndrome (PCS).
- Read to learn more about Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and how organizations can leverage it to better identify, understand and mitigate risk.
- To find out more about how relying on a network capable of executing home modifications is crucial in determining which modifications are necessary, read our latest whitepaper.
- Find out how co-morbidities impact your claim!
- With increasing numbers of older Americans joining the workforce to fill a void left by the pandemic, employers must be able to offer a high-quality and affordable health care service program to their employees.
- With legal actions against real estate firms for failing to protect residents from violent crimes increasing in cost and frequency, property owners and landlords need to have a robust security plan in place to ensure tenant safety.
- The captive industry is an industry few have heard of, but the benefits to working in this great industry and living in the beautiful state of Vermont are vast.
- How have middle market companies managed in the current difficult environment? What keeps them up at night — and do they have risk management plans in place to address these concerns?
- BHSI shares tips for sidestepping pitfalls and effectively evaluating natural catastrophe parametric solutions.
- Innovations in technology and higher quality data have helped financial institution underwriters more accurately assess risk and, in turn, provide better solutions for their brokers and clients.
- EK Health on reducing payer-provider friction through provider advocacy.
- ODG by MCG and Conexia discuss how providers and payers can improve patient outcomes while substantially reduce costs around prior authorization with new software called “Highway.”
- An injured worker’s initial experience with the WC process can be daunting, but an advocacy-based approach can ease concerns and create a healthier, more productive outcome for both worker and employer.
- Commercial habitational properties are suffering losses from natural disasters, fires, thefts, and vandalism. Working with an independent adjuster can help ensure claims reach satisfactory conclusions.
- Using a single vendor for both PBM and settlement solutions services has major advantages for workers’ compensation programs.
Positioning Injured Workers for Long-Term Success and High Quality of Life: The Story of Billy P. AmputeeAfter the catastrophic loss of his arms, former welder Billy P. has found an inspiring way forward, thanks in part to the workers’ compensation team behind him.
- This training webinar is intended for healthcare providers, claims personnel, and workers’ compensation stakeholders in the State of Arizona. Arizona has adopted ODG’s guidelines and formulary.
- Smarter prescribing, effective deprescribing and knowing when the answer isn’t a drug are all part of a more strategic approach to pain management.
- Interest is growing in special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs. But these unique entities require a thoughtful and comprehensive approach to D&O coverage.
- As cyber criminals become increasingly more sophisticated in their mode of attack and ransom demands spiral, so businesses need to be more proactive in preventing an attack and dealing with its aftermath.
- To find out more about how reliable transportation can move injured workers toward better outcomes, read Apricus’ latest whitepaper.
- Examining Organizational Resiliency, COVID-19 Impact on Claims Operations.
- To find out more about the positive impacts of a successful discharge planning program, register for this webinar.
- Risk managers can bring down claim frequency and severity by focusing on what they can control — driver behavior.
- Inland regions have borne the brunt of floods in recent years. Help is at hand in the form of innovative nature-based risk mitigation strategies used in conjunction with insurance coverage.
- With a rising loss trend and hardening market, risk managers seeking solutions for higher-hazard exposures have the deck stacked against them. They need liability insurers with specialized expertise and a comprehensive view of risk.
- Cyber events are no longer just about data encryption; medical facilities must be aware of the interconnected risks at play that could leave them open to larger liability claims.
Are You Adequately Prepared to Face a Product Recall? What Risk Managers Need to Know Before a CrisisKnowing the key risks and trends behind such events is invaluable for the savvy risk professional aiming to protect their business and their balance sheet.
- CICA’s 2021 Fall Forum on October 10-13, 2021, brings together the best captive professionals from around the world to discuss industry practices and engage new talent.
- This white paper explores the top 10 auto-related injuries ranked by cost and treatment duration & data on the percentages of 1-day patients who start treatment in the emergency room.
- Read our latest white paper to learn about evolution of WC networks, benefits and values these changes can offer.
3 Trends Threatening Post-COVID Economic Growth and Why Having the Right Insurance Partner Is CriticalGlobal political and economic shifts present new risks. The right mix of insurance products can provide stability in the face of uncertainty.
- QBE is pleased to offer our inaugural QBE Accident & Health Market Report. This report highlights key industry trends and product details presenting insights that employers can consider when evaluating their self-funded healthcare plans.
As Leisure Travel Returns, There’s a New Focus on Travel Insurance and the Vital Protections It Can ProvideBHTP’s Dean Sivley details the current travel trends and how travel insurance will adapt.
- EK Health’s Chief Medical Officer shares what he found on his education journey to better understand medical cannabis in the workers’ comp space.
- Cyber risks are about more than private data; they imperil core operational functions and strategic objectives. If cyber security doesn’t already have the attention of the board, it’s time to change that.
COVID-19 Disrupted Modified Duty Options, but a Strong Return-to-Work Program Keeps Injured Workers EngagedWith many non-essential roles eliminated or put on pause during the pandemic, employers and their workers’ comp partners had to get creative with transitional work.
- Genex explores why cultural humility is a critical solution to understanding health-related beliefs and behaviors to improve injured employee health and return to work rates.
- Today’s leaders struggle to derive actionable insights from their data. What they need is a claims partner with analytical expertise that will take the time to review findings, compare results, benchmark trends and make recommendations.
Property and Casualty Market Trends Impacting Public Entities — and How to Keep Your Risk Mitigation Efforts CurrentSeveral trends are compounding in the P&C space that public entities need to watch when planning future risk mitigation strategies.
- Claimant advocacy — regardless of fault — can minimize the feelings of anger and distrust that drive injured parties to litigation after a crash.
- A guide for employers and carriers looking to help employees address mental health challenges and return safely to work.
- SCCE’s Compliance & Ethics Institute on September 19-22, 2021 is the primary educational and networking event for compliance and ethics professionals worldwide.
- The emergence of so-called long COVID has surprised both the patients who couldn’t shake their symptoms and the clinicians who have struggled to provide effective treatments.
- This white paper focuses specifically on current musculoskeletal telehealth applications research, providing suggested evidence-based recommendations on specific clinical care conditions.
- Mid- and large-sized businesses have different needs that may or may not be addressed by the standard cyber coverage packages readily available on the market.
- Two of Vermont’s leading captive regulators share common warning signs and some ways to prevent your captive from veering too far off course.
- Litigated claims could impact reputation and market share in ways no policy can cover. Here’s how proactive risk mitigation reduces the expense.
- Always known as the market of innovation, E&S insurers are leveraging flexibility and creativity to help customers solve problems.
- Specialization, innovation and flexibility have always enabled program administrators to handle unique risk profiles. Now those attributes are in even greater demand.
- Are your eyes irritated? Do your shoulders or back feel tight? Are you thinking about the next meeting on your overbooked calendar? If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, relax, we can help.
- ODG by MCG explores comorbidities identified (thus far) for increased risk in COVID-19 cases, impacts on return-to-work for post-COVID-19 infection, and current prognostic/mortality risk tools.
- The Optum physical medicine platform is geared up to work in tandem with pharmacy benefit management to help injured workers control and overcome pain and get back to their lives.
- The vast majority of property owners remain uninsured for floods, despite its increasing frequency and severity. Closing the gap will require a better understanding of the exposure by all parties.
- The annual Drug Trend Report is released as a comprehensive analysis of the major drivers in the sector of WC retail pharmacy. Delivering the report in 2021 has required us to examine the truly unprecedented circumstances of the last 12 months, and undoubtedly, 2020 was a historic year.
- Carriers outsourcing claims to a third-party administrator (TPA) capitalize on their underwriting expertise by leveraging the robust claims knowledge and capacity offered by a TPA.
- While an end to the COVID-19 pandemic may be in sight, it won’t be back to business as usual. The transition will come with its own set of business opportunities as well as financial and operational risks.
- The Future of Insurance USA 2021 is back! C-Suite leaders from across insurance join forces to become more agile, more customer-centric, and digitally-transformed.
- Insureds facing a ransom should know ahead of time that they are covered. Here’s what they should be on the lookout for and the steps that will help mitigate the risk.
- Though medical bill review can be seen as complex, workers’ compensation can benefit by understanding the nuances behind it.
How Connected Devices Are Changing the Future of Risk — and What that Means for an Insured’s Claims Mitigation ProcessConnected devices are upping the risk mitigation game. For insureds who partner with the right experts, that means a more proactive and faster response to a potential claim.
- Losses from social engineering fraud reached $1.7 billion in 2019, but many of these incidents aren’t covered by traditional policies.
- The right bill review solution is not only critical to control costs and deliver the best outcomes, but it calls for a combination of advanced technology as well as both clinical and legislative expertise.
One Call Is Emerging from the Pandemic a Changed Company. Here Are 3 Ways It’s Revamping the BusinessFor all its challenges, the pandemic also brought opportunities to cater to changing needs and focus on innovation.
5 Advantages of Partnering with an Onsite Mitigation Project Management (OPM) Vendor versus Post-Project AuditingInsurance carriers that partner with a firm that can offer OPM will have a better opportunity to control mitigation costs and deliver a faster loss recovery.
- This guidebook provides claims professionals with easy access to information regarding indications, generic availability, and possible alternatives for most commonly prescribed medications in WC.
- Payers and providers are looking to improve workers’ comp delivery of care. That starts by bringing transparency to claims and placing behavioral health first.
- When traditional means of crop insurance weren’t cutting it for the American farmer, experts from NAU Country Insurance Company knew it was time for a deeper look at the coverages it could offer.
- The risk of accidental needlestick seems set to rise, but telemedicine can expedite care for bloodborne pathogen exposure claims.
- Our court systems are facing a backlog of civil cases due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements. Here’s how the courtrooms are adjusting to keep cases moving.
- Over the years, the opportunity for adjusters to have more impact has changed, bringing with it a more strategic and dynamic approach to claims and promoting better outcomes across the board.
- Munich Re shows that a simplified approach to the insurer-broker relationship has proven an effective way to provide coverage to clients and stay ahead of the competition.
- How much could your workers’ compensation claims benefit if you could identify and address a single health factor that touches approximately half of the entire U.S. workforce?
- Join risk leaders and innovators at The Institutes’ event, The Future of Risk™, to learn how disruptive technologies will change the way we work and the risks we insure.
- In an increasingly volatile world, mid-sized manufacturers need to be more cognizant than ever of their risks. Predicting, preparing and protecting against emerging risks can make the difference in a company’s ability to be successful and resilient over the long term.
- The continuing rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine, while welcome, brings questions regarding coverage that is new to the workers’ compensation pharmaceuticals field.
- Two leaders of Vermont’s captive sector explain what’s made the state the “Gold Standard” in domestic domiciles.
- Though contractors will head into the new year with a good deal of uncertainty, there are steps they can take to position themselves for a solid rebound.
- Efficient coordination of ancillary services is critical to promote a speedy recovery for injured workers and control costs. Here’s how the best get it done.
- The workers’ compensation experience can be frustrating. It can quickly spiral when you add the emotional pressure of COVID-19. We can help with patient advocacy that nurtures mental health.
These Catastrophic Workers’ Comp Cases Reinforce the Need for an Evolved Workers’ Compensation 2.0 ApproachCarisk Partners shares the success of its patient-centered program as it addresses behavioral health issues impacting return to work, function and recovery.
- Elevate 2021: Exploring the future of auto claims. Discover the trends and technologies that are driving change in auto claims and shaping the future of the industry.
- This 60-minute webinar focuses on how to use the ODG by MCG guidelines and formulary (adopted by the state of Texas) to review and identify proper, evidence-based medical care for injured workers.
- With the help of occupational health experts, employers can leverage preventive exercise programs and first aid for injury care.
- Best Practices for MSA Non-Submission Programs in WC.
- The various players orbiting an injured worker in treatment must act in concert to establish the most solid foothold that could lead to a successful outcome.
- A “wish list” of enhancements to improve the MSA process.
- Although claims professionals rank nurse case management as the top clinical program most critical to outcomes, questions still persist about when and how to use this tool.
- Join us for a unique roundtable discussion about the intricate steps of the PT claim process from various stakeholder viewpoints – provider, physician, payer and care coordinator.
- Explore the advantages of telehealth for case management.
- Risks abound for every industry, but schools servicing students K-12 must be certain to review these exposures now that the novel coronavirus has disrupted learning across the country.
- No doubt every industry is reeling from the disruptions caused by COVID-19. Captive insurance, too, is adapting to the ever-changing landscape.
- Increasing loss frequency and severity – spurred by several global trends – has made finding affordable coverage more difficult. E&S may have the solutions companies need.
- Workers’ comp payers that prioritize price-per-pill risk poor clinical outcomes and higher overall costs in their pharmacy programs. A focus on quality of care will always produce the best results.
- Incorrect property valuations present long-term risks to insureds and insurers alike. Here’s why it’s so important to get them right.
When It Comes to Creating Effective Partnerships with Your TPA, These Are the Top Qualities to Keep in MindSuccessful partnership starts with a team that is open to communication, understands the client partner’s goals and understands the value data and analytics have in creating solutions.
- For companies interested in finding alternative risk solutions, the alternative markets has plenty to offer. Here’s what you should review before diving in.
- While the difficulties of the U.S. commercial D&O market have been making headlines regularly, the financial lines market in the UK and Europe has been quietly facing its own constraints.
- Injured workers, case managers, payers and providers all have a better experience and better outcomes when laborious manual tasks are automated.
- As risks in the construction industry continue to expand, the need to have a long-lasting, resilient plan in place has become even more crucial.
- The best way to mitigate the risks of opioids is to avoid them altogether. Here’s how one company is using data and clinical expertise to reduce reliance on this powerful painkiller.
- At its most fundamental level, WC managed care is a patient being supported and assisted by a clinical expert and a claims management expert. Though the world of WC is far more complex – its core is people helping people through a challenging time.
- Especially for jobs with high physical and mental demands, a medical surveillance program is a critical tool in keeping the hardest working employees healthy.
- An informed decision is the best decision.
- Pre-loss account planning assists businesses in proactively managing an insurable loss when it occurs and positions a business for faster recoveries.
- Schools have always contended with the risk of students experiencing traumatic injuries and abuse, but legal and societal trends may be increasing exposure.
- With the help of collaborative carrier partners, Program Administrators are perfectly positioned to help clients address challenging risks.
- This white paper discusses how pandemics open the door to more meaningful – and immediate – steps toward resilience.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on the American healthcare system, causing disruptions and driving rapid adaptations to care delivery.
- Here are some things to consider.
- Genex experts share important insights based on clinical best practices and real-life case strategies to help you move claims forward in the face of COVID-19 restrictions, challenges, and possible exposure.
- Download this insight paper to learn more about the key factors that make up the internal workings of the DME process.
As Frequency and Severity of Pollution Claims Rise, Environmental Insurance Is Finding the Tools to Move ForwardPollution claims are growing in severity and frequency, but at PHLY Insurance, the underwriting team is working hard to get clients what they need.
- Adapting to new demands, meeting client expectations, and thinking ahead to the next challenge are all necessary to thrive in a period of disruption.
- Directors & officers were already gearing up for a hardening market when the coronavirus pandemic came into play; here’s how they are balancing insureds’ needs with the growing challenges of the time.
- Mid-sized companies are feeling the pressure of COVID-19 and must adapt and reset in response to this challenging period and uncertain outlook.
Productivity Anywhere: How Modern Claim and Policy Document Processing Can Help Work-From-Home SucceedExperts discuss how COVID-19 has made remote work more common. Take a look at the impact this new reality has had on the process, cycle times and culture of the industry.
- Four Components of Successful Return to Work Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Are you getting the greatest value from your independent medical examinations (IMEs)? When faced with uncertainty about specific determinations on a case, an IME can be requested to help determine the next step in the claims, medical management, or RTW process.
- After years of low pricing D&O premiums are increasing. Could wholesale distribution be the solution?
- As video monitoring technology grows in sophistication, contractors and owners can devote these essential resources toward strong, safe and successful construction projects.
- Helmsman Management Services quickly jumped into action so its teams could continue providing care to injured workers without missing a beat.
- Insurers and reinsurers can leverage their expertise and resources to help insureds decrease their exposure to severe weather, recover faster, and come back stronger.
- COVID-19 had a significant impact on the use of telerehab services. This white paper examines patient outcomes and provides statistical analysis comparing utilization and clinical savings for common injury types.
- Small businesses are a challenging segment to underwrite. Here’s how publicly available data can help.
On-Demand Webinar: COVID-19 and Claims Management – 5 Things You Need to Know to Successfully Manage Claims Right NowNorthwell Health’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic is a lesson to any organization on how to keep claims moving even during a crisis.
- Each year, myMatrixx releases our Drug Trend Report to track the utilization and costs of pharmaceuticals used in WC cases. By looking back at the previous year we can better help our partners understand the primary factors driving the industry.
- Since the inception of the Medicare program and Medicare Secondary Payer Act, the world of Medicare Set-Asides has been like the Wild West. We’re here to help you tame it.
- The right insurer will be working with clients to create bespoke cost-saving solutions while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Catastrophic case management is a complex endeavor, complicated by injury severity, expedited treatment, and the fear accompanying critical injuries. EK Health’s catastrophic care alleviates the uncertainty while clinically addressing recovery.
- A new standard has been set in the frequency and severity of floods in the United States. Munich Re continues its flood mitigation work with resilience risk transfer solutions.
- ODG has made available to the public a new evidence-based occupational health guideline to address the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic.
On-Demand Webinar: How to Stop Creeping Delayed Recovery Claims from Turning into Catastrophic ClaimsFor years in workers’ compensation, the behavioral health aspects of a claim were treated as an afterthought or ignored even as seemingly straightforward claims turned catastrophic.
- Join One Call and its partners in a candid conversation about the accelerated use of telehealth.
Incorporating Predictive Analytics and a Biopsychosocial Approach to Identify and Treat At-Risk Injured WorkersWe all strive for the same thing – getting injured workers the best care, at the best cost.
How CorVel and ReedGroup’s Integrated Disability Management Program Is Changing the Absence Management GameIn order to help their clients succeed in disability management, CorVel and ReedGroup partnered to create an Integrated Disability Management program that gets results.
- Historically ignored in workers’ comp, psychosocial factors take center stage in this behavioral health company’s approach to treatment and recovery.
- Resiliency in times of crisis is paramount for any business, but to remain resilient requires promptly adapting to changes and staying ahead of crucial risks.
- Workers’ comp exposures are changing rapidly. Employers need clinical partners with the expertise and technological tools to adapt quickly.
- Frequent mergers create a confusing experience for workers’ comp carriers and claimants. By rolling all of its services into a single platform, Optum is proving the IT investment can pay off.
- Social inflation refers to the impact that a number of societal factors can have on insurance claims and is widely considered to be a primary cause for driving loss costs in the commercial liability market.
- With general liability losses mounting, risk managers need an insurance partner that stays on top of the trends and knows how to respond.
- If you employ “industrial athletes,” having the right occupational health care professional on hand goes a long way in preventing injury and keeping employees safe.
- Property owners and their insurers can work through complex claims and improve safety with the help of experienced, agile, and collaborative casualty adjusters.
- As challenges intensify for the agricultural sector, crop insurance can be more than a financial safety net. The right insurer can help farmers get back on their feet faster.
- COVID-19 has taught the industry that having a crisis claims management and business continuity strategy in place paves the way for success.
- Early adopters of advocacy-based workers’ compensation models have been shown to positively impact programs and influence employee satisfaction and engagement.
- As connected devices flood households around the globe, consumers demand protection plans that adapt to their risk. One insurer is using data to create a more dynamic solution.
- Proprietary insurance carrier platforms offer a clear advantage for commercial agents and underwriters.
- When an insured reports a claim late, it might be too late to reverse pending legal action. Timely claims reporting, therefore, is a must.
- This report shares the statistics and factors behind the growing trend of retirement age employees, as well as the recommendations for preventing and managing work-related injuries among older workers.
- One Call is investing in resources to enhance its customer experience, which is leading to improved outcomes across its organization for injured workers.
- This guide provides information on some of the most commonly prescribed medications in workers’ compensation.
- Exploring anticipating active shooter incidents and important considerations when building a comprehensive workplace emergency action plan.
Chasing Pain Complaints Doesn’t Work: Why Function Belongs at the Center of Workers’ Compensation CareThe practice of rating pain has created a host of problems in workers’ compensation. Bringing focus back to functional restoration has benefits for all.
- Adjusters help to deliver value, but the job is a tough one. Here’s how one company is keeping their talent on board.
- For organizations focused on performing a public good, this optional coverage is becoming more critical as a way to reduce liability and protect reputation.
- Having a patient be active in their recovery after a work injury engages them in the process and bolsters workers’ compensation results.
- Removing uncertainty around accident liability and insurance can help reinforce the trusting relationships necessary for TNCs and other platforms to keep growing.
- With the risk environment growing more complex and coverages more expensive, there are big advantages to shifting risks into a domestic captive.
- Health care providers and their insurers are being tested by an unprecedented frequency of severe liability claims, but working together can strengthen any partnership.
- The EPA has phased out the R-22 and here are the phaseout details you need to know.
- IntegerHealth is a technology company that combines advanced analytics with medical expertise to quantify healthcare outcomes for health plans and workers’ compensation programs with the goal of driving down costs while improving care.
- Specialty medicines are rapidly approaching half of total drug spend. Across all settings, specialty medicines treat relatively few patients and have costs far higher per patient than traditional medicines.
- Learn the differences between the oft-confused homeowners insurance and home warranty coverage.
- To highlight the benefits of recently launched program, myMatrixx myRXAdvocateSM, and to provide a deeper understanding of the principle of pharmacovigilance that it’s built on, our Chief Clinical Officer Phil Walls recently sat down to record video blog series.
- Models can identify potential severity early in the life of a claim, ensuring appropriate assignment, collaboration with managed care, and execution of key claim management activities.
- Learn six tips for winter weather driving to keep you and your employees safe.
- Most discussions about the state of U.S. health care quickly lead to a simple but grim diagnosis: The system is broken. But it’s not all bad news. Unpacking the state of health care reveals that not every aspect of the system is dysfunctional. In fact, some parts have never been better.
- We’re excited to have you join us in Orlando for the 2020 Conference – June 22 through June 24, 2020, Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate.
- Insurers competing in the workers’ compensation space for small business recognize the opportunity, but often find it difficult to adapt traditional underwriting approaches to a volume-based business with lower premiums.
- Learn how cyber liability is fast becoming the last frontier of the insurance world. The question now before us is whether insurance and risk mitigation will advance quickly enough to stem the tide.
- Fill this form to submit new white papers, webinars, conference/event or video.