The largest directory of industry conferences and vendor-supplied white papers, webinars and videos.
Click a below category to sort the content.
- 2024 Issues
- Jan./Feb. 2024 Issue
- Risk Central
- Risk Management
- Workers’ Comp
- Be the first to know how emerging trends in generative AI, auto and casualty claims and regulatory compliance are impacting P&C this year and beyond.
- When a major P&C insurer wanted to develop their own custom insurance model and access additional data sources, they turned to Digital Matrix Systems. Learn more about their experience.
- The ongoing trends of social inflation and litigation funding continue to drive nuclear verdicts in casualty claims that go to court, increasing pressure on insureds and carriers alike.
- Diagnostic imaging services play a crucial role in workers’ compensation by providing essential insights into injury severity, guiding treatment decisions, and expediting the recovery process.
- Over 90% of musculoskeletal (MSK) injuries can be treated without surgery — especially now that we have sophisticated biomarker data to inform the severity and recovery of MSK injuries.
- Staffing agencies face growing challenges as trends in crime, employment practice liability and auto accidents make risk management ever more complex.
From Hospital to Home and All Points in Between: The Importance of Transition of Care Planning in Driving The Best Possible OutcomesDiscover the transformative power of transition of care planning for your toughest claims in our latest white paper.
- When it’s time to make an insurance claim, a protected client is a happy client. Make sure you are adequately assessing your clients’ coverage needs.
- Over the past 40 years, Vermont has grown into the largest captives domicile in the world, making it a reliable partner for any business.
- Sompo International’s President and CEO, Commercial P&C Insurance, Canada, Rohan Dixon, talks to Risk & Insurance about his hopes and ambitions for growing a specialty insurance business in the world’s ninth-largest economy and seventh largest by premium on a Commercial P&C basis.
- Utilization review can be daunting for all parties involved. But with synchronized systems in place, clinical care for injured workers can flow like the notes of a well-orchestrated symphony.
- Anyone paying attention to the news recently has likely noticed what appears to be a trend of ever-increasing jury verdicts and claim settlements.
Stress in the Workplace: Linking Employee Wellness and Workers’ Compensation Strategies to Help Your WorkforceSome workplace stress pushes employees to grow and learn. However, if the stress is excessive, it can significantly affect employees’ health, and this impacts your workers’ comp program and costs.
- In this session, Jean Feldman and Sean Nimm from Sentry Insurance and Enlyte Leaders will discuss how they’re using data to influence claim decision making.
- Security cameras are not just about protecting property from theft. Security camera footage can be useful when you need to make an insurance claim. Learn about some best practices.
- Artificial intelligence capabilities are advancing rapidly, with new applications becoming available for healthcare and workers’ comp, along with new privacy and regulatory issues.
- Fires can be costly and even fatal events that disrupt an insured’s business and livelihood. Understanding the basics of smoke and fire alarms can help.
Are Pharmacy Benefit Managers Worth It? How Partnering with One Improves Patient Outcomes and Reduces Costs for PayersAs the media focuses on PBM pricing transparency, it’s important to consider all the benefits PBMs bring to the table.
- Physical injuries are often accompanied by mental health disorders such as depression, increasing workers’ comp claim costs and delaying recovery.
- When it’s time to make an insurance claim, a protected client is a happy client. Make sure you are adequately assessing your clients’ coverage needs.
- The cyber insurance market may reach close to $100 billion by 2030. An increasing reliance on technology and a growing industry of cybercriminals are the driving factors.
- Keeping employees healthy and safe can minimize business disruptions and the risk of costly claims. Practicing simple, on-the-job safety techniques can help.
- Explore the growing interest in research around psychedelic substances for medical applications related to workers’ comp populations, including but not limited to psilocybin, ketamine, and MDMA.
- Even in a shifting D&O market, looking for these four traits during renewal will help ensure a carrier’s reliability, experience and expertise in management liability risk.
- We are elated that we will be returning to New Orleans in 2024 for the 55th URMIA Annual Conference! It is where the past, present, and future of higher education risk management will converge from September 28 to October 2, 2024.
- Weather-related disasters are on the rise. How do weather and climate change affect workers and workers’ comp?
- The art of delegating responsibilities to others is a skill every manager and supervisor should have in their repertoire—especially when it comes to managing risk.
- This eBook is a must-read. Download The Ultimate Guide to Case Management.
- We hear about advances in medical care all the time, but when will we start seeing the impact? Will it be next year? In the next five years or 10 years? How about right now?
- In part 4 of our 2023 drug trends series, we’re evaluating workers’ comp high impact drug class patterns and strategies to address the challenges these cost drivers are creating.
- In today’s unstable economic conditions, construction insureds will want to partner with stable carriers who are strengthening their rates.
- CorVel has witnessed topical costs rise following the recent drop in opioid prescriptions, and now offers alternatives to manage their expense without impacting care.
Early Symptom Evaluation for Musculoskeletal Complaints: How This Tool Is Improving Patient Outcomes and Reducing Claims CostsEarly intervention can implement strategies to help reverse the progression of injuries — improving outcomes, reducing workers’ comp claims, and helping to build a safer culture.
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance bolsters its Side A coverage after extensive conversations with the brokerage community.
To Reap the Rewards of Self-Funded Healthcare, Employers Need Best-in-Class Medical Stop-Loss InsuranceRising healthcare costs can be mitigated by transitioning to self-funded plans with stop-loss insurance support, providing cost efficiency without compromising care.
- Workers’ compensation claims management can be improved with prompt intervention, active communication, smart return-to-work initiatives and data-driven decision-making.
How Data Can Help Track An Injured Worker’s Clinical Progress, Improving Efficiency and Efficacy in ClaimsData can only help improve claims adjusters if payers, adjusters, providers and claimants communicate with one another.
- Actively monitoring and coordinating care is essential to success in workers’ compensation.
- ITC Vegas is the world’s largest insurtech event – offering unparalleled access to the most comprehensive and global gathering of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and insurance industry leaders. Use discount code 200ITC131 to receive $200 off the registration.
Homeowners Associations Are Facing These 6 Critical Risks. How the Right Insurance Partner Can Help Manage ThemFrom property valuation issues to concerns over events and security: HOAs should work with their carriers to address these exposures.
Products Liability Risk Is Constantly Evolving. Here’s What a Good Underwriting Partner Should Be DoingDeep expertise and a savvy underwriting approach are the keys to success in the products liability space.
Project Delays Happen — Is Your Insurance Keeping Up? What the Construction Industry Needs to Know About Policy ExtensionsSupply chain snags, labor shortages and inflation are pushing project timelines back, but getting an extended insurance policy may not be as easy as insureds think.
- The initiative will offer networking opportunities and work with academic institutions in Vermont to bring more talent into the captive insurance space.
- Carisk Partners is leveraging AI and machine learning to analyze unstructured data, predict recovery trajectories, identify high-risk workers’ comp claims and manage costs.
- EK Health emphasizes thoughtful consideration, effective communication, a commitment to patience and meaningful collaboration to safeguard the most vulnerable during hurricane season.
- In part 3 of our 2023 drug trends series, we’re evaluating workers’ comp opioid patterns and the strategies being used to continue their decline in use and manage their risks.
How Teleradiology and Artificial Intelligence Are Reducing the Strain of the Radiology Shortage on Workers’ CompNew technologies can improve workflows, allowing fewer radiologists to read scans more quickly.
- In part two of our 2023 drug trends series, we’re evaluating in-network and out-of-network prescription for a total view of prescription activity.
- Join 1,300+ Program Professionals in Scottsdale for 3 Days of Networking, Programming, and Educational Breakout Sessions.
- The speed at which misinformation can travel online, however, will remain a contributor to uncertainty about the banking sector now and going forward.
- Tactics like double extortion and targeted attacks are becoming more common.
- Hint: If you’re a tech company, the answer is yes.
Cannabis Products Could Affect Anesthesia Plans, Potentially Opening Up Medical Liability Risk for Providers Who Don’t Assess the RiskAnesthesia professionals are starting to screen patients for cannabis usage to reduce the potential for medical liability lawsuits.
- Cost savings programs can help insurers cut premium costs and attract clients in the notoriously difficult auto insurance line.
Strengthening the Insurance Talent Pipeline: How Broadspire’s Early Career Training Program Is Taking Dead Aim at Industry Talent ShortfallsBroadspire’s ambitious early career training program is harnessing dozens of new professionals and giving them the opportunity to advance, with the help of potent technology platforms.
- The connection between physical and behavioral health opens an opportunity for physical therapists to address mental health for injured workers.
- National Construction Safety Week is in May. Here’s how incorporating mindfulness can help construction workers stay physically and mentally safer.
- Considerations to counteract the cybersecurity talent shortage in workers’ comp organizations.
- Clients, brokers, and other constituents are constantly on the lookout for a carrier partner that will not only meet their needs, but also display an understanding of who they are and where they come from.
- How problematic alcohol use can impact the workplace, claims, and medication management.
How Artificial Intelligence Is Helping Workers’ Comp Pros Elevate Customer Service to Customer ExperienceOne Call is using sentiment software to capture how their customer service team is expressing empathy and analyzing that data to drive better outcomes.
Don’t Let These Factors Derail Recovery: Experts Reveal How Age and Mental Health Affect Physical TherapyAs we try to better understand how biopsychosocial factors influence recovery, industry professionals may want to consider how age and mental health conditions influence physical therapy.
- While opioid prescriptions and costs are trending down, some more nuanced, but still concerning prescribing patterns bear watching, including prescriptions for other controlled substances.
- Jake Reason, VP of MSA Services, is well versed in the ever-changing landscape of MSAs and recently identified the Top 5 things that ALL employers need to know when considering Medicare Set-Asides.
- Surety customers need stability and consistency to support their operations.
- Network savings, customer service, and the quality of treatment to employees are the top three factors survey respondents seek in an ancillary care network provider.
- When it comes to securing life science coverage, the product may not matter as much as you think.
- For those working to effectively manage tough-to-insure risks, focusing on risk control fundamentals and partnering with a carrier that offers capacity and resources can help strategically mitigate exposures.
Thinking Beyond the Hospital: A Comprehensive Guide to Hospital Discharge Planning for Workers’ CompensationA well-planned hospital discharge is vital in preventing re-admission, further health decline and increased health care costs.
- Onsite clinics can help reduce medical costs and increase employee health and productivity.
- One bad claim can negatively impact a company’s reputation.
- Industry expertise, program flexibility, and robust analytics capabilities are key qualities setting the best TPAs apart.
In Today’s Polarized Culture, Companies Must Have Clear Policies for Employee Speech to Avoid Reputational Damage and EPL ClaimsEmployees are engaging in more forms of political speech. The right carrier can help you minimize the risks that arise.
Commercial Surety Bonds Are Vital for Many Projects. Automation and Dedicated Underwriters Make Them Even More PotentTalented underwriters and sophisticated automation systems are a winning combination for the surety bond business.
- Point-of-sale underwriters with full authority can help craft creative business policies for an organization’s D&O and liability policy needs.
5 Factors Driving Rising Risk Costs for Businesses. How Technology and a Strong Carrier Partner Can HelpBusinesses in a variety of sectors are struggling with rising costs of risk. These resources can help.
- Join Us At IMCA Ignite 2023, June 19-21!
How Captives and Program Solutions Can Benefit Insureds Amid Social Inflation and Rising Insurance PricesWith insurance costs on the rise, many are turning to captive and program solutions to help manage their risk transfer expenses.
- Expensive is not always better, more is not always better – identifying the right course for each patient is always what’s best.
- Join 800+ Program Professionals in Boston for 3 Days of Networking, Programming, and Educational Breakout Sessions.
- IASA Xchange is the insurance industry’s only national event designed for all career levels, verticals, and specialties, enabling problem-solving and collaboration to solve real-world challenges.
- Addressing the Complexities of Issues Facing Pharmacy Programs
- Carisk’s mission-driven, value-based approach to leadership has helped the company attract talent and improved care for the patients it works with.
- OnPOINT is where the entire insurance community convenes to solve the industry’s greatest challenges.
- Taking bill review to the next level promises to do just that.
Religious Organizations Have Unique Insurance Considerations. Find Out Why They Need a Standout Insurance PartnerReligious organizations have unique property and general and professional liability needs.
- Both the amount of litigation and verdict sizes are increasing, causing insurers to look at how they can adjust their books of business to address it.
- Navigating the road ahead requires a holistic view with deep expertise. Read our 2022 report for one-of-a-kind insight about how inflation, staffing, supply chains and more are affecting our industry.
- A lot can happen in 25 years.
- In our white paper, Unlocking the DME “Black Box,” we’ll break this process down and cover what you need to know to make the best decisions for your injured employees and your workers’ comp program.
- Examining tobacco use as a complicating factor in the workplace and as a detractor from injured worker outcomes.
- This premier event brings together 900 senior thought leaders for exclusive access to workers compensation insights and expertise as well as a one-of-a-kind networking opportunity.
- Timing and accuracy of diagnostic test results can determine the course of an injured worker’s treatment plan, recovery, and claim.
- Providers likely have many questions about how to proceed in the wake of Roe v. Wade’s reversal.
- The world will only get more risky. A dependable insurance partner can help you and your insureds balance today’s perils.
- Vying for today’s top talent, employers must make benefit packages more attractive than ever, but rising health care costs can present a significant burden.
- While auto and workers’ comp insurers see many of the same kinds of claims, handling auto claims takes a specialized knowledge base to reach the best outcomes for payers and patients.
- While prices are rising, so too are risks associated with inflation. Finding an insurance partner that has a sophisticated understanding of risk and the risk control savvy to manage it is key.
Construction’s Skilled Labor Shortage Is Building. What Contractors and Their Risk Professionals Need to Know to Get AheadA storm is brewing for the construction industry as a skilled-labor shortage lengthens job times and contributes to higher rates of injury. But there are tools that can help you get ahead.
- Pre-breach services can help insurers prevent and prepare for cyberattacks.
- Though a potential global recession looms on the horizon, there is still much risk management teams can do to chart a course forward.
- When paired with an onsite clinical program, wearables can help prevent workplace injuries and reduce workers’ compensation costs.
- With opioid utilization down, there is no longer a consolidated driver of pharmacy costs in workers’ comp. The industry faces more niche trends that require strategic formulary management.
- Join us as we wrap up the annual drug trends series and hear our experts share even more insights into the latest workers’ comp drug trends!
- Here’s why it’s critical to partner with an organization where the clinicians are trained in occupational health.
How Data, Focused PT and Wearables Can Yield Better Patient Engagement and Superior Outcomes in Workers’ CompMedRisk’s team of experts is leading the way to methods of stronger, faster recovery while avoiding the expense and trauma of surgeries and addictive painkillers.
- Comprehensive, collaborative, and consistently communicated care are key to a workers’ compensation risk management approach.
- In the current climate of rising costs workers’ compensation managed care remains an area where companies can realize savings in order to impact the overall bottom line.
Accident and Health Insurance: What Schools, Colleges and Universities Looking to Bolster Their Coverage Need to KnowAccident and health insurance can provide the additional coverage schools and other education institutions need for their students both on the athletic field and in the classroom.
- Inland marine is a fast-paced, always-growing business. BHSI demonstrates the flexibility, simplicity and prime customer service qualities required for smooth operations.
- Using data to ensure that ancillary benefit programs result in optimal recovery for injured workers comes down to having a clear dashboard of meaningful metrics.
- Why Workplace Culture & The Human Factor Matter
Speed, Precision and Consistency: Implementing the Best Tools So Your Brokering Team Can Place Even the Toughest of RisksNationwide’s E&S Brokerage team is leaning in on technical investments in order to give wholesale brokers the quick, accurate responses they need to place tough risks.
- AmTrust Specialty Program provides a full suite of coverage, claims and loss control services for hard-to-insure and niche risks that can be tailored to your requirements.
- Following the recent announcement of Sandy Bigglestone’s transition into the Deputy Commissioner’s role, the State’s Captive Insurance Division shares some of the secrets behind its 40-plus-year history of stability and its loyal and longstanding team.
- When litigation becomes a part of the nurse case management dynamic, timely and effective communication between the case manager and injured worker’s attorney, both advocates, can’t be undervalued.
- What are social determinants of health, and how do they intersect with workplace injury and recovery?
- Empathetic and understanding case management practices are important, especially with workplace violence incidents. Knowing the common and uncommon signs of stress allow for more effective outcomes.
- Vermont’s world-class regulatory team knows the ins and outs of the examination process and has been successfully orchestrating them for over 40 years.
- Leveraging the strengths of a tenured claims handling and care management team, coupled with research-backed insights can lead to better quality of care for an organization’s most valuable assets.
For Injured Workers Receiving Physical Therapy, Keeping Up a Steady Pace Toward Recovery Depends on Who Oversees Their ReferralInjured workers whose journey to recovery is guided with the care of a clinical oversight team have the best shot at timely recoveries.
- Rising rates, restricted capacity, greater underwriting scrutiny and a push for better data quality — not to mention increasing regulatory compliance — are making cyber a harder risk than ever to tackle.
- With stress and mental health at the forefront of the industry’s focus, now is the time to manage it strategically, and learn from other leading organizations that are finding success.
- In this webinar, viewers will learn how specific data-driven solutions can help case managers effectively manage and resolve absence and disability claims to return injured employees to health.
- For 2023, National Ergonomics Conference & ErgoExpo will be held Nov. 8-10 at Caesars Forum. Registration is now open.
- The 2023 National Comp Conference will be held Sept. 20-22nd at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Registration is now open.
- These four risk trends are contributing to a challenging EPLI and fiduciary insurance market.
- The war in Europe, inflationary pressures, and the ongoing fallout from a global pandemic are all contributing to supply chain disruption. Insureds need a risk management partner who can meet their needs as a consultant.
- There are several areas to review before picking the right crime and fidelity policy, from growing risk trends to the language provided in the form.
- The Hartford’s onsite and virtual injury prevention programs are created to match an employer’s unique needs.
- Innovative tools are helping farmers manage the unpredictability of both extreme and routine weather events.
- Telemedicine use has changed with the onset of the pandemic, but centuries of healthcare has given lesson in how to approach the practice moving forward.
- An integrated model of risk management built on integrity equates to success for all.
Treating an Injured Person and Not a Claim: Why Injured-Person Centered Care Is Essential for Driving Better Outcomes in Workers’ CompInjured-person, centered care can lead to better recovery outcomes while saving claims costs.
- Join 1000 Program Professionals in Scottsale for 3 Days of Networking, Programming, and Educational Breakout Sessions. The Best in Programs Meet Here!
- ITC Vegas is the world’s largest insurtech event – offering unparalleled access to the most comprehensive and global gathering of tech entrepreneurs, investors, and insurance industry incumbents.
- Bermuda’s largest and longest-running industry event is returning to the live stage on September 12–14, 2022 at the Hamilton Princess in Bermuda.
- The workforce is transforming before our eyes, creating a cascade of ripple effects that bear considerations for the labor cool and workers’ compensation populations.
Bringing Care to the Employer’s Doorstep: How the Pandemic Changed the Game for Mobile and On-site Health CareConcentra is filling an increasingly important need in the market by providing expanded mobile and on-site health care support to employers large and small.
- Text messaging, online scheduling and automated reporting help reduce delays in workers’ comp claim flows.
- Inflation, labor shortages and supply chain issues are among the high-level market drivers impacting the 2022 renewal cycle.
- As marijuana continues to enter the mainstream, what do current data tell us about marijuana’s impact on workplace safety?
- A progressive take on the role of physical therapists offers a caring and efficient means to identify psychosocial issues and focus the right resources at the right time.
- Injured workers, employers, payers and providers all have a stake in a workers’ comp claim. But if they don’t communicate clearly, less favorable outcomes may ensue.
Water Damage Claims Continue to Drive Non-CAT Property Losses. How Water Damage Prevention Programs Can HelpWater damage prevention programs that utilize Internet of Things technology can help mitigate losses from non-catastrophic water damage.
- When it comes to managing property’s biggest risks like natural catastrophes, having a risk consultant team in your back pocket will go a long way.
- Risks and opportunities abound in the financial lines insurance space as threats grow more complex. While rate increases in some lines have slowed, brokers and insurers are keeping a watch on claims trends as courts reopen following the pandemic.
- Strategies for a safer, healthier workface amid COVID-19 and beyond.
- Save the date for August 8 – 11, 2022! VCIA’s 37th Annual Conference will be held in-person in Burlington, Vermont!
- Save the Date! Join us in-person June 29-30, 2022, at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach.
- Improving Worksite Productivity and Employee Engagement Through Stay at Work and Return to Work Programs.
- The risks we tackle and people we protect have undergone a seismic shift – and there is no going back.
Addressing Physical & Emotional Injury: A Case Study Supporting the Evidence-Based Approach to Wound ManagementThis injured worker recovery story sheds light on the benefits of having a specialized wound care program designed by a dedicated and knowledgeable team.
- With an ever-aging population and labor gap, the home health care market is fraught with challenge, but utilizing the right people and technology will give way to opportunity.
- Partnering with a carrier that embraces disruption rather than clings to the status quo will give brokers and agents the edge in their ability to deliver valuable insurance solutions to clients.
Understanding Becomes Healing: A Deep Dive Into the Growing Impact Mental Health Has on Workers’ Comp ClaimsWhen asked about trends they have noted in workers’ comp claims, nurse case managers agreed mental health was the clear leader. But what’s placing it in the spotlight?
- To learn more about the nine specialty network services you should know more about, read our e-book.
- Risk manager Rosa Royo shares a unique partnership with Genex case managers Eilin de Cardenas and Sandra Bernardo that led to a tremendous recovery rate of officers with COVID returning to duty.
- To help you prepare for 2022 and navigate what’s next, here are Enlyte’s top 2022 predictions.
- Achieve Unparalleled Insurance Success with Data & Technology.
- Munich Re Specialty Insurance’s (MRSI) Megan Kelley takes on a new E&S Casualty leadership role in a market where capacity and a refreshed underwriting approach are needed.
- CICA’s 2021 Fall Forum on October 10-13, 2021, brings together the best captive professionals from around the world to discuss industry practices and engage new talent.
- SCCE’s Compliance & Ethics Institute on September 19-22, 2021 is the primary educational and networking event for compliance and ethics professionals worldwide.
- The Future of Insurance USA 2021 is back! C-Suite leaders from across insurance join forces to become more agile, more customer-centric, and digitally-transformed.
- Join risk leaders and innovators at The Institutes’ event, The Future of Risk™, to learn how disruptive technologies will change the way we work and the risks we insure.
- Elevate 2021: Exploring the future of auto claims. Discover the trends and technologies that are driving change in auto claims and shaping the future of the industry.
- This 60-minute webinar focuses on how to use the ODG by MCG guidelines and formulary (adopted by the state of Texas) to review and identify proper, evidence-based medical care for injured workers.
Productivity Anywhere: How Modern Claim and Policy Document Processing Can Help Work-From-Home SucceedExperts discuss how COVID-19 has made remote work more common. Take a look at the impact this new reality has had on the process, cycle times and culture of the industry.
- After years of low pricing D&O premiums are increasing. Could wholesale distribution be the solution?
- Small businesses are a challenging segment to underwrite. Here’s how publicly available data can help.
- We’re excited to have you join us in Orlando for the 2020 Conference – June 22 through June 24, 2020, Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate.
- Insurers competing in the workers’ compensation space for small business recognize the opportunity, but often find it difficult to adapt traditional underwriting approaches to a volume-based business with lower premiums.
- Learn how cyber liability is fast becoming the last frontier of the insurance world. The question now before us is whether insurance and risk mitigation will advance quickly enough to stem the tide.
- Fill this form to submit new white papers, webinars, conference/event or video.