Webinar – Value-Based Purchasing in WC: An Idea Whose Time is Here
Getting excellent medical results for injured workers at a price that is both predictable and reasonable doesn’t seem like too much to ask. So why is it that the workers’ comp industry and its vendors can’t get this one right?
This webinar’s expert panel is going to show us the way forward. We’ll hear from a California-based medical provider who is contracting with carriers to produce high quality results with spinal injuries, one of workers’ compensation’s toughest and most expensive challenges.
We’ll also talk to the executive director of one of the largest state funds, which has launched a pilot program to use value-based medical provider compensation in managing hundreds of worker knee injuries.
Lastly, we’ll hear from a workers’ comp company that has successfully launched a value-based program for bundled orthopedic surgical procedures.
Furthermore, the expert panel will discuss:
- The impact of healthcare reform and the creation of accountable care organizations; and the need for workers’ comp to recognize that it must inevitably follow the trend away from the flawed fee-for-service model.
- How improved modeling is giving payers and providers much better transparency into their risk portfolios of injured workers, and how those analytics can be acted on.
- That although frequency is down, workers’ comp costs continue to rise. Merely watching this trend and doing nothing is not an option.
- The challenges of bundled or value-based purchasing, presenting a holistic view of this topic.
- The recommended steps workers’ comp can take today to implement value-based models, moving the industry towards walking the walk not just talking the talk.