The 5 Pillars of a Successful Medicare Secondary Payer Compliance Program
Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) Compliance can be a real headache for claims departments. Fall out of compliance and the fines can run as high as $1,000 per day. But it can get even worse. Insurance carriers or self-insureds can face double damages if Medicare conditional payments are not reimbursed. They can face referral by Medicare to the U.S. Department of Treasury for enforcement, and private cause of action claims by plaintiff attorneys, Medicare or Medicare Advantage Plans.
Making sure your company remains in compliance will involve consulting with experts in this admittedly arcane, but important area of workers’ compensation and liability claims.
In this hour-long webinar, Mark Popolozio, a vice president of MSP compliance with ISO Claims Partners—a division of Verisk— and Monica McGovern, a Medicare Reporting & Coordination Benefits Manager from Allstate, will discuss the five key components of a successful MSP Compliance Program.
Their discussion will focus on building a solid MSP game plan touching oh the following key items:
- Section 111 reporting – understanding downstream impacts
- Conditional payments – resolving Medicare demands and mitigating risk
- Medicare Advantage Plans – avoiding “double damages”
- Addressing future medicals – WCMSA/LMSA issues and considerations
- Part D (RX_ plans – next compliance frontier?)
Who Should Attend This Webinar
- HR professionals
- Carrier defense firms/attorneys
- Risk managers
- General counsel