Webinar: The Black Hole – Post Acute Care
There are many options when handling medical hospitalizations and this FREE webinar educates attendees on the best practices for handling these cases, the medical risks of prolonged hospital stays, and the financial impact these cases can have.
- The claims professional will be able to list the various post-acute facilities
- Describe the type of patient served in these facilities
- Discuss the admission criteria and process recognizing the impact on the cost and the handling the claim with both the claimant, family and employer
- Recognize the differences in post-acute facilities vs acute care
- Explore working with the medical team to utilize the most appropriate facility for an claimant based on their medical needs and discharge plan
- Review the medical risk of prolonged hospital stay and the financial impact on a case
- Understand how to utilize this knowledge and material to determine with health care professionals how a claimant might utilize these facilities to move through the continuum of care
- Learn there are many options when handling medical hospitalizations and this course outlines some of those options and how the options are best utilized.
This course has been approved by the Minnesota Commissioner of Commerce for 1 hour for Workers’ Comp continuing education.
To learn more about One Call, please visit their website.