Are You Encouraging Your Employees to be Safe at Work?
White Paper Summary
It’s important that employees are equipped with the tools they need to be safe at work at all times. Below we highlight measures employers can take to empower a safety culture in their organization.
Four Tenets to Empower a Safety Culture
1. Traditional approach:
- Eliminate and isolate workers from physical hazards
- Provide proper training in conjunction with other methods of instilling safety measures
2. Non-occupational hazards:
- Comorbidity risks and physical capabilities
– Employees with the following characteristics are at an increased risk of work related injuries including strains:
3. Policies and procedures:
- Documentation that demonstrates how a company should operate
4. Company operations:
- Leadership and management strategies that promote safety through observed behaviors and direction
- Financial impact should be considered
To learn more about ORGIG, please visit their website.