After Surgery, Early Engagement Means a Smoother Recovery. Here’s What Makes It Work
White Paper Summary
Any workers’ compensation claim requiring surgery is complex. Coordinating care is very much like trying to put together an old jigsaw puzzle. There are many interrelated pieces, and you may discover along the way that some are missing.
Here are just some of the questions care coordinators have to consider:
- Does the injured worker have any comorbid conditions that could complicate healing and recovery?
- Will they need any special equipment at home like a wheelchair or lift system? What size?
- Who will help to take care of them at home? How many caretakers do they need?
- Will they even go home, or would a rehab facility be more appropriate?
- How will they get to outpatient physical therapy?
- Do they have pets at home? Will that be a problem?
- What drug regimen is recommended?
- What is an appropriate timeline for their return to functionality or return to work?
To learn more about One Call, please visit their website.